If you’re looking to create some stunning and unique images with the Affinity Photo for iPad app, you should definitely check out the Dispersion Effect. This effect allows you to break an image up into a thousand pieces, and then reassemble them in any way that you want.
When you first apply the Dispersion Effect, you’ll notice that your image is broken up into a thousand pieces and that is the specialty of the dispersion effect. However, in this tutorial we will show you how to use the Dispersion Effect and spice your knowledge more about dispersion in Affinity Photo on your iPad.
Dispersion Effect in Affinity Photo iPad
Dispersion Effect is a great way to which add some drama and intrigue to your images. Furthermore, It’s a simple effect that can have a big impact. It is useful for breaking up an image into multiple pieces, and then reassembling them in any way that you want.
In the meantime, editors use dispersion effect to create photo montages, to add special effects to photos, and to create interesting backgrounds. You can also experiment with the effect to create unique works of art.
All in all that’s all about using the Dispersion Effect in Affinity Photo on your iPad! As a result with this effect, you may easily add creativity and mystery to your photos. So go ahead and give it a try!
Afterwards, let’s have a look on how you can use the Dispersion Effect in Affinity Photo on your iPad.
How to Use the Dispersion Effect in Affinity Photo for iPad
Accordingly to create a Dispersion Effect,
STEP 01: MAKE A SELECTION IN AFFINITY PHOTO IPAD
- Firstly let’s make a selection. So, go to Selection Persona and then choose smart selection brush.
- If the image has a guy in it, for example, select the outline of the man with the smart selection brush.
- After that, you should refine the choice in order to enhance it. If you want to apply a selection on his hair, for example- you should paint a selection over hair.
STEP 02: REMOVE BACKGROUND
- Change the output option from the bottom of the screen to new layer and tap on the check option. Now, the background of the image would have been removed.
STEP 03: CREATE A DUPLICATE OF THE LAYERS
- You need to create a duplicate copy of the layers. To do this, turn onto Photo Persona and tap anywhere on the photo with the two fingers and choose duplicate option among the couple of options which are displayed.
- You can see two layers in the layer studio if it’s done successfully.
STEP 04: SWITCH TO LIQUIFY PERSONA IN AFFINITY PHOTO IPAD
- Next, choose the top layer and transform it into a Liquify Persona.
The upcoming steps are quiet weird, yet we should get going to apply disperse on out photo.
STEP 05: DRAGGING ON THE PHOTO
- Tap and drag the photo to the right to disperse the image.
- Now tap onto the view tool and choose apply.
STEP 06: APPLY BLACK MASK
- After the completion of the above step, we’ll apply a black mask to this layer. To do so, open the Layers studio and select the mask icon.
- Select a new Empty Mask layer from it.
- You may now observe how the entire layer is hidden by a black mask.
STEP 07: APPLY WHITE MASK
- Now, select on to the layer which isn’t liquified to proceed further.
- Go to the Layers studio and tap the mask icon from it.
- Choose new Empty Mask layer and apply white mask from it.
STEP 08: APPLY DISPERSION EFFECT
- In order to apply dispersion effect, you need to use a spray paint paintbrush. Go to the Brushes studio, tap onto Painting option and select spray paints and choose any thickness as per your requirement.
- Now when you start painting one side, for example you choose to paint the right and the figure on the picture will start to hidden.
- You can also increase the spacing of the brush. To do this, go to Contextual toolbar and choose more option. And increase the spacing to as per your requirement but you can generally use between 10-15%. Then, choose Ok option to apply the changes. And start painting.
- Now, go to layers studio and select the mask of the top layer which you amended before. Change the color from Black to white and paint wherever you want where you want to apply the dispersion effect.
STEP 09: APPLY A BACKGROUND
- Once you’re done painting, it’s time to apply a background to this picture. To do this, select the rectangle tool and click and drag to make a rectangle. Next, go to layers and drag the rectangle layer to the bottom of the stack.
STEP 10: APPLY A FILTER IN AFFINITY PHOTO IPAD
- You can apply a filter here as well. To do this, go to Filters studio and choose any filter as per your requirement.
That’s all there is to it! You’ve completed the task of generating a Dispersion Effect in Affinity Photo on your iPad.
In conclusion, we learned deep about the Dispersion effect and how to use the dispersion effect on Affinity Photo for iPad. The Dispersion Effect in Affinity Photo for iPad provides an infinite number of possibilities for what you can make. We hope that you have fun experimenting with this effect and creating some amazing images. If you need any help, be sure to check out our other Affinity Photo tutorials.
If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below. And if you know of any other great tips or tricks for using Affinity Photo on your iPad, be sure to share them with us! Until next time, happy editing! Thanks for reading!